Wednesday 18 April 2012

OK...first session was great...Got two planned sessions worth of material from the class and they were really on board. Did a basic introduction asking them what they thought a book was and then revealed my own takes on the 'book' format. I reversed my session plan as I picked up that they needed to get going on some work rather than sit listening to a story so I laid out the tables with 'prompt' material (the maps,props, photos of locations, photos of people, colours, fonts and single sentences/phrases). Began by discussing what makes a good ghost story etc and then talked them through what each table could give them and set them off creating design/story sheets on A3. They sorted themselves into work groups dead easily and there are several pupils who chose to work alone. All of them created a basic story concept in the first hour and a half. I then read a story at the end related to a fictional 'local' character who kids all thought was a scarey person. Then discussed the classes own localities and any 'odd' characters they new stories or legends about and the schools own stories. Really responsive group and Emma was great teacher to work with....Think I'll get this group to do some extension material after their 'books' are done...probably music as we're in a music room....mmmm

1 comment: